Sunday, July 7, 2013
Eat healthy meal at an Italian restaurant
Article source: http://womantribe.com/2013/07/03/apple-crepes-for-diabetic-patients/
For diabetic patients here is a healthy Apples crepes recipe that is rich in fibre. Crepes come out well when made with plain flour and it is delicious dessert aswell.
For The Pancakes
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup corn flour
3/4 cup milk
a pinch salt
1/4 tsp melted butter
For The Apple Filling
2 tsp butter
2 apples,thickly sliced
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ cup of apple juice
1/2 tsp butter for greasing
For the pancakes
1. Combine the plain flour, corn flour, milk, salt and ¼ cup of apple juice a bowl, mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
2. Grease a non-stick pan with the butter and pour 2 tbsp of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
3. When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for a few seconds.
4. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 more pancakes. Keep aside.
For the apple filling
1. Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the apple slices, sugar substitute, cinnamon, lemon juice and 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
2. Cook on a medium flame till the apple slices are cooked, stirring once in between.
3. Divide the apple filling into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Place a pancake on a dry, flat surface and place a portion of the apple filling on one half of the pancake.
2. Fold the pancake over the filling to make a semi circle.
3. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 more crepes.
4. Serve immediately.
Do not overcook the apples as the filling will become soggy, making it difficult to serve the crepes.