Read the full story:
- “I believe I need to be organic and spontaneous about what I feel like doing. I go by instinct and I go on what I feel like doing at that time. I don’t plan ahead.
- ‘Flop’ films of mine have done more business than certain ‘hits’ of other actors.
- People often ask me how I plan the promotion of my films. And I tell them that I just tell the audience the truth. During Peepli Live, I was very clear about sending the message across that it was a socio-political satire. During Dhobi Ghat, I told everyone that it’s an art house film. People generally hide the fact that they’ve made an art film. But you have to respect the fact that every person who goes to spend his hard-earned money on a ticket has the right to know about what he’s going to see.
- If I am doing a film, I am in that moment. I am not thinking what would happen if it is a hit or a flop. My mind does not go there.
- Most of the times, art films are better made films. They offer you a different perspective from what you usually see on-screen.